May 18, 2011

I was 5 once b4 & all I remember is My Pic...

the young old soul in the picture spoke a thousand words
gleeful & dream filled
proud my butterfly collar was crisp and colorful
spread from throat to shoulder
& blessed with an even wider perfectly patted Afro which resembles a halo
splendid, natural smile dimpled plum plumped cheeks
elated with speech
my 5 year young mind
unable to see futures
but I remember my dreams
so simple and sweet
so innocent
No mortgage payments
No bills
No killing caffeine filled grande cups of coffee
Nor counting calories
No jail bars
No courtrooms
No intolerable college roommates on mushrooms
No Jack Daniels
or searching for lighters and zig-zags
and knowing I'm already late for my next class
No explaining to my parents why I'm droping out for the 3rd time
No 9 to 5's
No 7 to 9... 13 hour work days
No shame
No blame
No names of yester-years past lovers
or presently suffering from repayments of universal carma
just simple dreams
so sweet & so innocent
candy and cartoons
bus rides to zoos
playing in the dirt
and my only hurt was getting a splinter
or skinning my knee
so simply sweet
I remember my dreams &
now know what it means when they say...
"the youth is wasted on the young"
because if I knew then, what i know now
without doubt
I'd have an even bigger smile

No comments:

Post a Comment