Oct 8, 2011

Social Networking vs. Social Action!!!

Before any sweeping indictments are made & anyone begins to give way to confusion' I would like to state, "I Love my Facebook & Twitter and I would go nuts without virtual Social Networking."
Now at the time I am making this statement, I also feel compelled to share with you that Social Networking is destroying the morality and accountability of our youth. It is creating an hedonistic generation of self idolization. It is promoting desires of instant gratification which lead to an inability to control any instincts where patience and rational thinking would normally kick in.

Now I do not wish to jump on any blame band-wagons and try to convince you all how much you must hate the internet and social network. I am just asking you to observe the pre-teens, teenagers & young adults around you. I am asking you to make the necessary realizations that their lifestyle options are incredibly different than ours were.

Today's youth (18 & under and even some that are 18 to 21) have no idea about the falling of the Berlin Wall. Our children have not spent many hours with a wristwatch on and I am sure has limited experience writing in cursive. Today's children under 21 have never used a typewriter or rotary phone. They are not familiar with Dr. Kevorkian, Dan Quayle or Rodney King and Bart Simpson has been around 4 years longer than anyone graduating high school in 2012. Finally' the World Wide Web has been their primary study tool since birth.


Now today's youth have an external instant orgasm button connected directly to their spine and it is burning out before they are the age of 21.

With this knowledge, I need every adult to understand something. Our youth will never know what hard work is. We have more spoiled and self entitled children skipping through the states than at any other time in our history. Our parents fought for our rights, we have taking advantage of the gains and now our children sit around, do nothing and have no clue of real struggle. In the last 50 years we have lost our #1 worldly status that we still cling to so dearly today. We are living in falsity because America is not #1 and it is our fault because we have become entitled.

I remember when you worked for everything you had and if you different have it, you saved up to get it. Now today's youth have an external instant orgasm button connected directly to their spine and it is burning out before they are the age of 21.
Now do not get me wrong, I do believe that every child is special. However, we as adults must help direct these youth into understanding positive ways to be special but also help them understand the difference between the times to be an individual and when to evoke teamwork.

We as adult Americans wish to blame everyone else but ourselves for economic setbacks but fail to ever take responsibility for our own misfortunes. I know I am not free of guilt and I am not casting the stones. I am however saying that today's youth need to take more responsibility than we have and transform their social networking into social action and changing not just America but the World...



No comments:

Post a Comment