Apr 8, 2009

Missing My World


Have you ever missed a flight or missed your bus. I am feeling like that everyday lately. In 2005 I had the privilege of becoming part of the lives of two of the most wonderful spirits... Jade & Adyen.
They are the children of my ex-girlfriend in southern Cali and what I consider my children as well. Since being in Oregon over the last year, I have felt our relationship slipping and dimming. I was able to spend a week with them over the Christmas break but of course that was nowhere near enough to hold me over til summer.
I promised them when I left that I would come back and visit at minimum once every other month (if not once a month). Things drastically changed once I settled in up here in the great Northwest. As everyone knows the Economic climate turned disastrous. Air and rail travel sky-rocketed and household financial cut-backs became a mandatory monthly adjustment.
There has even been a noticeable fall-off in telephone communication. we would speak to each other at least 4 times a week and that has now dropped to once every 2 weeks if I am lucky.
Now that I have come this far in my blog, I am not even sure why I started it. I do know that I want to urge every parent or guardian to appreciate every moment they get to spend with their children.
Every Smile and Every Tear.
Every time they fell to do what you ask of them from eating all their vegetables to cleaning their room
Every Achievement from Grades to the simple things as your sons remembering to hold the door open for their mother.
You are Your Children's Biggest Influence in Life... Make The Best Impressions...

No comments:

Post a Comment