Dec 24, 2011

*~*~*~* Where Did You Shop Today? *~*~*~*

It is Saturday December 24th - Christmas Eve. I had to pick up a couple of items from the grocery store. Of course, all I could think of was how chaotic this mission would prove to be. To my surprise, things turns out a little different than you might imagine.

My mother told me that there was a sale on eggs and cheese (2 of the 3 items on my necessity list) at a store that was tad bit further than my usually one. The store was Von's. I do not like Von's at all but to be honest, fortunately it turned out to be a great trip. I noticed something about Von's customers. They are Pretentious beyond all reproach. This very sad notion actually played to my favor. The Von's Club Card carrying members do not like holidays. They were not shopping for in town guest. They were not planning for pie preparation or slow cooking a roast. They were buying expensive and beautiful bottle of wine, champagne and Martinelli's Apple Cider.


It was amazing but I realized something, I Do Not Like Von's People. I've dated a few women recently that I rather liked but we argued constantly over their shopping at Von's. I think Von's grocery store is a waste of money. I do appreciate the customer service but not to the point of paying 25/30% more for the same exact groceries I can pick-up at Stater Bro's.

"...I Do Not Like Von's People... I do appreciate the customer service but not to the point of paying 25/30% more for the same exact groceries I can pick-up at Stater Bro's..."


What I realized from today's visit is that for whatever reason I may have discontinued these recent relationships with Von's shoppers, I think truly they were pretentious or self-serving. Our fundamental differences seemed more evident and apparent once I was standing in the checkout line. I was able to witness the the items that were waiting to be purchased by those before and behind me in line. No one was planning on preparing a dinner. I was surrounded by people that do not like other people. I was realizing that someone who felt comfortable in this store on the regular basis was not going to be the person I could ever have a serious and meaning relationship with.

I apologize if I have offended you with this post but actually I am in No Way Sorry for It.

Try shopping 2 or 3 times a month at an less expensive grocery store and donating that extra money to a family less fortunate...


Like Mine (lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment